Shimano cranks fit into BB86 frames when you have this CeramicSpeed Bottom Bracket installed. The kit consists of two cups that are pressed into either side of the central opening.
The cups come with CeramicSpeed Bearings installed. There are two versions. The first is our low drag, long life Standard Bearing, with hardened-steel races and our super round CeramicSpeed Balls. The second version is our coated bearing, which uses those same CeramicSpeed Balls installed on coated, hardened-steel races for longer life and less bearing drag.
- This CeramicSpeed BB86 Bottom Bracket works with cranks that have 24mm thru-axle spindles
- including both Shimano and FSA.
- CeramicSpeed standard Bearings typically have frictional drag of 0.3-0.4 watts per set. That represents an average 75% drag reduction compared to standard bottom brackets. The hardened-steel races feature the CeramicSpeed Balls that are 100% smoother and 15% harder than the ceramic competition. The CeramicSpeed Bearings last at least three times longer than other bearings.
- Coated Bearings drop friction further and increase lifespan. The coated races see a 50% drag reduction and an improvement in bearing life of 60%.
- Changing the grease can tune performance. All Round Grease comes installed
- but can be changed for lower drag TT and Track Grease
- or higher durability LongLife Grease
- which adds a bit of drag but stays in when riding through messy conditions.
Exchange, Returns, and Refunds Policy
Please choose carefully before you buy.
Endurance House Sarasota/Bradenton does not offer a satisfaction guarantee on any of their products, however due to their high level of customer service, they will always endeavour to keep customers happy and satisfied.
All items are carefully inspected and assembled by highly experienced mechanics. For any manufacturer defects, we will work with the manufacturer to ensure prompt warranty claims. For shipping damage, we ship via FedEx through BikeFlights.com. We ensure that the item is insured up to the purchase price, and the customer will be required to work with BikeFlights for remedy.